Tuesday 15 April 2014

Do not focus on your pain

“I feel like skipping HIIT today.” I can have a lot of reason not to do it so I just grab myself to do it. And I’m glad I did. Never did I know what I would miss by skipping the 10-minute.

The exercise was just doing plank. When I was doing the 45 seconds plank, I felt my abs.

“My abs can’t hold it anymore, I want to let go” “Just hang in there a few seconds” My mind was blank. I hold on.

In a blink of eyes I came back to mind and I discovered: “Wow, I don’t feel my abs anymore, I can hold on for even longer.” Epiphany!

Whenever you feel hurt, do not run away from it. Remember when you focus on your pain, you only help to intensify the hurt you feel. Instead, face it, accept it, until you can live with it, till then it has lost its control over you. Never let the same hurt hit you down again.


Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment