Wednesday 9 April 2014

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul- Psalms 19:7

As a Christian, others would have thought that I have read through my bible or have been reading it every day. I don’t, but that was my wish since I was young.
In the beginning of the year, I started Bible In One Year(BIOY). I downloaded the app, read it every day, until sickness stopped me. I have no mood or energy to read the app. My illness lasted for a long period. It seemed like impossible to catch up so I abandoned the plan altogether. Maybe the reading style doesn’t suit me, where every time I have to read a portion of Old Testament, Psalms and New Testament altogether. There are many times I read for the sake of finishing it. It became a duty; dull and boring.
Till recently, I saw that there is such a plan called “Reading through New Testament in 90 days”. Doing something for 90 days seems a lot easier than 365 days. So I took the 90 days challenge. There are 260 chapters in the New Testament, so I only need to read 2-3 chapters a day. I printed out the plan(you can get it online easily) and put it in my bible. I prefer reading hardcopy bible over phone. I tick the chart every night after I finish the reading for the day. I make sure to catch up whenever I missed it.
So far, I’m in the 3rd week, and I am reading faster than planned.
Surprisingly, almost every day there is a verse that’s talking to me. God is good.
God didn’t change my situation, but he changes my heart. <3 

“This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.” Joshua 1:8 

No comments:

Post a Comment